Have you considered a mobile marketing campaign? Facts are facts; there are more people in the world that own a cell phone than a toothbrush (source: Mobile Marketing Association of Asia). Below are some pros and cons of mobile marketing that you may consider as you decide whether a mobile campaign is right for you.
- Your audience is likely to be carrying their mobile devices with them in a standby state, they are more likely to receive and absorb the message on the spot.
- Creating content for mobile devices is relatively inexpensive when compared to desktop or laptop systems.
- Mobile campaigns can prove more convenient than traditional media, as the content is kept down to a minimum.
- Mobile connectivity can make sharing information a breeze. Not only does Mobile Marketing have massive viral potential, but also planning a campaign to go offline and then return online can attract others to get involved.
- Marketers can receive feedback instantly, leading to a valuable conversation.
- Tracking and reporting is easy, effective, and instantaneous as long as your network provider is up to speed with technology.
- Mobile elements can be easily integrated and incorporated into current campaigns.
- Mobile phones are not standard creating issues dealing with screen sizes, operations and browsing.
- Privacy is always in question on any network or device. Marketers offer clear instructions for opting out of marketing communications.
- The mobile phone is small creating questionable navigation. This can become more of an exercise than casual browsing.
- Ad campaigns that are not relevant to audiences and/or are bad can back-fire because mobiles are so personal and users don’t want to be interrupted with advertising they dislike
- Often features and apps are complicated to use and take time and interest to learn
Meet Samantha, R&A Account Specialist: Samantha who hails from Dayton, Ohio. Samantha has been around Central Ohio many years now as she graduated with a Marketing Degree from Capital University where she was the Captain of the Women’s Soccer Team. As part of the R&A Team, Samantha is your go-to-girl for all things Social Media. She’s a self proclaimed Twitter addict, but we’re good with that. In her iPod you’ll find everything from old school rap, to country, to good ‘ol rock and roll. Samantha loves dogs, dessert and dahl – she’s vegetarian. Oh yeah, did we mention this lovely young lady has an identical twin?